Avoid Buffalo burnout and bake up a batch of these bacon-wrapped chicken wings for your next get-together. The homemade barbecue sauce, made with pantry staples and a generous pour of bourbon, gives them a special finish.
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Wings with Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 3 lb chicken wingettes and drummettes
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with sides with heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle pepper over chicken. Wrap each chicken piece with a half slice of bacon.
- Place bacon-wrapped chicken pieces on cookie sheets, bacon end down. Bake uncovered 30 minutes; turn chicken; rotate cookie sheets in oven. Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer or until golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F).
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, mix Bourbon Sauce ingredients; heat to simmering over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In large bowl, toss chicken with half of the sauce. Serve warm with remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
- * Purchase already cut chicken wings in the meat or frozen foods section. They're sometimes called chicken drummies or wingettes and drummettes. You can use just the drummettes if you prefer.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 190, Total Fat 11g, Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 490mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g, Fiber 0g, Sugar 7g, Protein 14g
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/