The gooey peanut butter center in Buckeye Cookies is to die for. Click here for more Cookie, Snack & Treat recipes.
Write a review
For the Filling
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
For the Cookies
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) Butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1-2 tsp. milk, if necessary
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make filling: In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Scoop into small balls (about 1 1/2") and freeze until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar and beat until light and fluffy, then add egg and vanilla and mix until evenly combined. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until evenly combined. If the dough seems dry, gradually add the milk.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough and flatten into a pancake-like circle on the baking sheet. Place a frozen peanut butter ball on top. Bring the edges of the dough around the peanut butter ball and pinch the edges together to seal, adding more dough if necessary to cover the frozen peanut butter completely.
- Roll stuffed cookie dough ball in sugar and place back on baking sheet. Repeat until all dough is used, spacing the cookies about 2” apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden on the bottom,12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel and enjoy Christmas Music all year long: CLICK HERE
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
8.5K 14.6K 228