These tempting bars are like a cookie bar and a popcorn ball all rolled into one. They are incredible. My sister absolutely loves them.
Chocolate Chip-Popcorn Bars
Write a review
2 hr 10 min
2 hr 10 min
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 4 Nature Valley™ oats 'n honey crunchy granola bars (2 pouches from 8.9-oz box), crushed*
- 3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 bag (3.5 oz) butter-flavor microwave popcorn, popped
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in crushed granola bars. Press evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan to form crust.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until puffed and edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- Remove and discard unpopped kernels from popped popcorn. In 3-quart saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter and peanut butter chips over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in popcorn (mixture will be thick). Spoon over marshmallows; spread evenly to just barely cover marshmallows. Cool 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once halfway through microwaving, until melted. Pour melted chocolate into 1-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut off tiny bottom corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over bars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- * To easily crush granola bars, do not unwrap. Use rolling pin to crush bars.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 190, Total Fat 9g, Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g, Fiber 0g, Sugar 17g, Protein 2g
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
4.8K 14.6K 224