A dusting of powdered sugar puts a festive spin on these rich and chocolaty holiday cookies. The dark chocolate bites are studded with tiny marshmallows and toasted hazelnuts.
Chocolate-Hazelnut Marshmallow Bars
Write a review
- 1 10 1/2 ounce package tiny marshmallows
- 1 cup hazelnuts (filberts), toasted and coarsely chopped* or coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil up over the edges of the pan; set aside. In a extra large bowl, combine marshmallows and nuts; set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate pieces, chocolate-hazelnut spread, whipping cream, and butter; heat and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture to marshmallow mixture; stir to coat well. Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan, pressing down lightly. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- To serve, remove mixture from pan by lifting foil. Place on a cutting board; cut into 18 bars while cold. Cut each bar diagonally in half. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- * To toast hazelnuts: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake in preheated oven about 10 minutes or until nuts are toasted, stirring once. Place the warm nuts on a clean kitchen towel. Rub nuts with the towel to remove loose skins.
- * Layer bars between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Keep chilled until ready to serve (bars soften at room temperature).
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 151, Total Fat 9g, Cholesterol 8mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g, Fiber 1g, Protein 1g
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
3.4K 9.5K 66