Wildly flavorful and easy homemade Coconut Shrimp Curry that’ll have you ditch your take-out menu after 1 bite. Click here for more Dinner & Everyday Meal recipes.
Coconut Shrimp Curry
Write a review
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder (reduce to 1/2 tsp. for a less spicy curry)
- 1 14-oz. can full-fat or lite coconut milk
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. warm water
- 1/3 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 c. Cooked rice, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 1 to 2 minutes per side, then remove shrimp from pan and set aside. Add remaining tablespoon coconut oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until onions are soft, 4 minutes.
- Stir in garam masala, salt, curry powder, and chili powder, then add coconut milk, tomato paste, and chickpeas. Stir until combined and bring to a simmer. Mix cornstarch and water together, then stir into skillet. Simmer until thickened, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in cooked shrimp and simmer, 2 minutes more. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with rice.
- Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel and enjoy Christmas Music all year long: CLICK HERE
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/