Just right for holiday entertaining, individual tarts are easy to prepare when you start with Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust. These are beautiful and absolutely delicious.
Cranberry Mousse Mini-Tarts
Write a review
2 hr 5 min
2 hr 5 min
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- Coarse sugar, if desired
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3teaspoons powdered sugar
- Sprinkle gelatin on water to soften, set aside about 15 minutes. In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the cranberries just to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin mixture and orange peel. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes or until mixture just starts to thicken.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 24 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Unroll pie crusts on work surface. With 2 1/2-inch scalloped round cutter, cut 15 rounds from 1 crust and 9 from the other. Fit rounds into muffin cups, pressing in gently. Generously prick crusts with fork. From remaining crust, cut 24 1-inch star shapes; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake crusts 6 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool crusts completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes; remove from muffin cups. Meanwhile, bake star shapes 3 to 4 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add 2 teaspoons of the powdered sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in cranberry mixture; refrigerate about 10 minutes or until thickened. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mixture into each crust; top each with 1 star. Store in refrigerator. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon powdered sugar.
- * These mini-tarts are the perfect dessert for a holiday party. Both the tarts and the stars can be made a day ahead of time. Store the tarts in the refrigerator and the stars at room temperature. Just before serving, top each tart with a star and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 80, Total Fat 4g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g, Fiber 0g, Sugar 5g, Protein 0g
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
3.4K 7.5K 48