Top your cakes or cupcakes with a delicious cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Write a review
- 300g icing sugar, sifted
- 50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 125g cream cheese, cold
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Add the cream cheese in one go and beat until it is completely incorporated. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed. Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 mins.
- Spoon or pipe the cream cheese frosting on top of a cold cake(s).
- * Do not overbeat, as it can quickly become runny.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/