There’s no shortage of flavor in this creamy cake, which is infused with hazelnut liqueur and speckled with chopped hazelnuts. A toasted-filbert crust further enhances the dessert.
Creamy Hazelnut Cheesecake
Write a review
7 hr 25 min
7 hr 25 min
- 1 cup ground toasted hazelnuts* (filberts) or almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts* (filberts) or almonds
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur or amaretto
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur or amaretto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a small bowl combine the 1 cup ground hazelnuts and melted butter. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- For filling, in a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until fluffy. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the 2/3 cup chopped hazelnuts and the 1/4 cup liqueur. Pour filling over crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake about 1 hour or until a 2 1/2-inch area around outside edge appears set and center appears nearly set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a knife, loosen edge of cheesecake from side of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove side of pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack (about 1 1/4 hours). Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve, in a medium bowl combine whipping cream and the 2 tablespoons liqueur. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Top each serving of cheesecake with whipped cream.
- * To toast hazelnuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until nuts are light golden brown, stirring once or twice. Wrap warm nuts in a clean kitchen towel. Rub nuts in towel to remove any loose skins; cool.
- CLICK HERE to subscribe to our YouTube Channel and enjoy Christmas Music all year long.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/