Take a tropical turn with a cream pie made easily with an unroll, bake and fill pie crust. My friends and I couldn’t wait to try this recipe since we really like the Mojito drink. We loved both the sweet and tart flavors in the pie. It’s a great “cool and refreshing” pie to make, especially for the summer.
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) limeade concentrate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 to 1 1/2 teaspoons mint extract
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Lime slices
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until creamy. Add remaining filling ingredients; beat on low speed about 30 seconds or until blended. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until thickened and creamy. Spoon filling evenly into pie crust; refrigerate while making topping.
- In same bowl, beat topping ingredients on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Spread topping evenly over filling. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set.
- Garnish pie with mint sprigs and lime slices. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 470, Total Fat 31g, Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 430mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 0%
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
455 891 13