Earthquake Cake is the best way to shake up your chocolate cake! Invite your family and friends and serve it warm with ice cream. Click here for more Cake recipes.
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 1 c. sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 c. chopped toasted pecans
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9"-x-13” baking pan with cooking spray. Spread coconut and pecans on the bottom of the pan.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, then pour on top of coconut and pecans.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Spread the mixture over the chocolate batter then sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and enjoy Christmas Music all year long: CLICK HERE
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
5.7K 12.5K 487