Very tasty & easy soup! My friends loved it. I only used cheese and no onions as a garnish cause I don’t like onion at all. This was BIG hit on my party dinner last weekend.
Enchilada Pasta Soup
Write a review
- 5 1/4 cups Progresso™ Chicken Broth (from two 32-oz. cartons)
- 2 (14.75-oz.) cans Green Giant™ Cream Style Sweet Corn
- 2 (10-oz.) cans Old El Paso™ Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 (10-oz.) can chunk white and dark chicken in water, undrained
- 1 (5-oz.) pkg. uncooked vermicelli, broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
Garnish, if desired
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 oz. (3 cups) shredded colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine broth, corn, enchilada sauce and chiles; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add all remaining soup ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 8 minutes or until vermicelli is tender, stirring occasionally. Ladle soup into individual bowls. Garnish each serving with onion and cheese.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
- Calories 560, Total Fat 24g, Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 2250mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g, Protein 34g, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 45%, Iron 15%
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
455 891 13