My mom always made these for the holidays, and they were always in the top 3 of cookies I would save room for. Neither one of us has made them in years, and I decided to put an end to the drought this year. I feel they are necessary cookie tray material.
- About 40 Nilla wafers
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a mini muffin/cupcake pan with paper liners. Place one Nilla wafer in the bottom of each mini muffin well. Set aside.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy, and thoroughly combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined. Mix in the vanilla.
- Divide the batter evenly among each cup. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the edges and top appear set.
- Cool completely and then chill for at least a couple of hours. Top with a small amount of cherry pie filling. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3.4K 5.3K 85