Serve your hot cocoa this holiday season topped with cute little gingerbread houses perched on the rim of your mugs. These come together in a snap when you use Betty Crocker™ Gingerbread Cookie Mix, Cookie Icing, and a 3-D gingerbread house cookie cutter.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ gingerbread cookie mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg
- 2 tubes Betty Crocker™ white decorating cookie icing
- 1 candy decorations: snowflake and red heart sprinkles
- Mix together the gingerbread cookie mix, butter, water and egg.
- Roll dough out on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cut out eight large rectangle cookies, using a 3D gingerbread cookie cutter as a guide.
- Remove the excess dough and re-roll as needed.
- Bake at 350°F for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately flip the cookies over.
- Press the 3D gingerbread house cutter into the hot cookies, cutting out the parts for eight houses.
- Break apart the gingerbread house cookie pieces. Cut out and remove the doors. Use kitchen shears or a knife to trim the jagged edges on your cookies.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10-15 minutes before assembling the houses.
- Use the white cookie icing to attach the cookie pieces together. Allow the icing to dry completely.
- Decorate houses using cookie icing and sprinkles.
- Set houses over the rims of hot cocoa mugs and serve.
Mini Gingerbread Houses for Your Mugs Step by Step
4.8K 10.5K 256