Butter, flour and sugar come together to create rich, delicate cookies.
Pecan Shortbread Christmas Tree Cookies
Write a review
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 drops green food color
- 1 3/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 32 pecan halves
- 3/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- Granulated sugar, if desired
- 32 yellow decorating stars, if desired
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray or lightly grease 2 large cookie sheets. In large bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and food color. On low speed, beat in flour just until mixed. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts; shape each into ball. Place 2 balls of dough on each cookie sheet, on opposite ends. With rolling pin or floured fingers, gently flatten and shape each ball into 6-inch circle. With large knife, divide and cut each round into 8 wedges, slightly separating each cut with knife. Poke tops of wedges with fork, and place 1 pecan half in middle of each outer edge to make tree trunk.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until firm but not brown. While still warm, cut into wedges again. Cool completely on cookie sheets, about 30 minutes.
- Place cooled tree wedges on cooling racks or waxed paper. Place baking chips in small resealable freezer plastic bag. Microwave on High 40 to 60 seconds, turning bag over after 30 seconds. Squeeze bag gently until chips are melted and smooth. Cut small tip off one corner of bag, and drizzle side to side over wedges to make tree garland. Sprinkle with sugar Top each tree with star.
- * After the holiday season, make these cookies without the food color, pecan "trunks" and stars.
- * If using paste food color, you need only a small amount to get a nice green color.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories 160, Calories from Fat 100, Total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 9g, Protein 1g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%, Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choice 1
- * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
4.8K 7.5K 136