This recipe is so easy and delicious that you’ll never need to open another can of cranberry sauce again! Give it a try and you will never buy canned sauce again.
Simple Cranberry Sauce
Write a review
3 hr 25 min
3 hr 25 min
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries (4 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Rinse cranberries with cool water, and remove any stems or blemished berries.
- Heat water and sugar to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Continue boiling 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cranberries. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Continue boiling about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries begin to pop. Pour sauce into bowl or container. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled.
- * Be sure to cook the cranberries until they “pop” in order to release the natural pectin, which thickens the sauce.
- * Want more flavor? Stir in 1 tablespoon grated orange peel after cooking.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 110, Total Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g, Protein 0g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
1.5K 4.4K 321