Your slow cooker doubles as a candy maker in this sweet-and-salty recipe. Using only four ingredients, you can prep it in just 10 minutes, then leave your slow cooker to finish the candies.
Slow-Cooker Choco-Peanut Clusters
Write a review
- 1 package (16 oz) vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
- 1 package (16 oz) chocolate-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
- 1 jar (16 oz) dry-roasted salted peanuts
- 1 jar (16 oz) dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- In 4-quart or larger slow cooker, place candy coatings. Cover; heat on Low heat setting 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally, until completely melted.
- Pour peanuts over melted candy mixture, and stir until coated. Drop by tablespoonsful onto cooking parchment or waxed paper. Allow to set completely, approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- * Be sure to keep the slow cooker on Low heat, and stir the candy occasionally to prevent scorching.
- * If scorching occurs, mix in 2 tablespoons of white vegetable shortening to thin the mixture.
- * This recipe can be doubled if you have a large slow cooker.
Christmas Kitchen http://www.christmaskitchen.org/