Lovers of dark chicken meat will love this zesty chili that features hominy rather than beans in this family favorite Slow-Cooker Chunky Chicken Chili recipe.
Slow-Cooker Chunky Chicken Chili
Write a review
9 hr 20 min
9 hr 20 min
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso™ chili seasoning mix
- 2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) hominy or Posole, drained
- Sour cream, if desired
- Cilantro, if desired
- Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Mix tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili seasoning; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Stir to break up chicken. Stir in hominy. Cover and cook on low heat setting 15 minutes until heated through. Serve chili with sour cream and cilantro.
- * This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
- * For extra spice, use hot chili seasoning instead of the mild and add a small can of Old El Paso® chopped green chiles with the tomatoes.
- * Vary the taste by using black beans or chili beans instead of the hominy.
- * Go ahead and make the chili ahead of time, and refrigerate or freeze. Chili is often better the next day because the flavors have a chance to blend.
- * Hominy is also called posole and is dried white or yellow corn kernels that have had the hulls removed by soaking. You can find hominy in the canned vegetable section of the grocery store.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 365, Total Fat 14g, Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 1440mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g, Fiber 7g, Protein 36g, Vitamin A 34%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 12%, Iron 26%
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
5.1K 9.9K 94