I made it for my parents and other guests for a St. Patrick’s Day dinner and everybody loved it. The corned beef was very tender. I don’t normally like Corned beef but this is delicious! Too good to only have on St Patrick’s Day.
Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner
Write a review
12 hr 50 min
12 hr 50 min
- 2 lb. small red potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (2 to 2 1/2-lb.) corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 2 cups apple juice
- 8 thin wedges cabbage
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Place potatoes, carrots and onion in 5 to 6 1/2-quart slow cooker. Top with corned beef brisket; sprinkle with contents of seasoning packet. Add apple juice and enough water to just cover brisket.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours.
- About 40 minutes before serving, remove beef from slow cooker; place on serving platter and cover to keep warm. Add cabbage wedges to vegetables and broth in slow cooker. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 30 to 35 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all horseradish sauce ingredients; mix well.
- To serve, cut corned beef across grain into thin slices. With slotted spoon, remove vegetables from slow cooker. Serve corned beef and vegetables with sauce.
- * This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
- Calories 410, Total Fat 24g, Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 1300mg, Total Carbohydrate 31g, Protein 18g, Vitamin A 88%, Vitamin C 28%, Calcium 6%, Iron 18%
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
912 1.3K 21