Cocktails are even better when you can make them in batches. This slow-cooker hot buttered rum recipe is perfect for a crowd! I made it last weekend for my party. My guests loved it. I doubled the recipe to accommodate the amount of guests. Some had 3 and 4 cups each. I recommend it for your next party. The whipped cream topping just gave it the perfect look.
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean
- 8 cups hot water
- 2 cups rum
- Whipped cream
- Ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon
- In slow cooker, mix all Hot Buttered Rum ingredients except rum. Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 5 hours or until warm.
- Stir in rum. Serve in glasses or mugs topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle each of ground nutmeg and cinnamon.
- * Keep slow cooker on Warm heat setting throughout your party so guests can enjoy warm drinks all evening long.
- * Light rum is the best option for this recipe, but gold or spiced rum works well, too.
1.5K 2.4K 54