Throw together round steak, potatoes, carrots, onions and tomatoes before you go to work. It’ll be ready to enjoy when you get home.
Slow-Cooker Swiss Steak Supper
Write a review
7 hr 15 min
7 hr 15 min
- 1 1/2 lb boneless beef round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
- 6 to 8 small red potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained
- 1 jar (12 oz) beef gravy
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Cut beef into 6 serving pieces. Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with seasoned salt. Cook in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, layer potatoes, carrots, beef and onion. In medium bowl, mix tomatoes and gravy; spoon over mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours. Sprinkle with parsley. This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
- * (Total time will vary with appliance and setting.)
- * Leaving the peel on the potatoes not only retains nutrients but also helps potatoes keep their shape. Just scrub and cut as directed.
- * Peppered seasoned salt is one of the newest varieties of seasoned salt available in the supermarket. If you can't find it, use regular seasoned salt and sprinkle the beef with pepper, or you can just use salt and pepper.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 220, Total Fat 5g, Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 680mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g, Protein 27g, Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/