Take a closer look! The filling inside these chocolate cupcakes isn’t just any cream filling. It’s a yum-filled blend of rich cream cheese sparked with zesty-sweet orange flavor.
Write a review
6 hr 5 min
6 hr 5 min
- 1 orange
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 box (17.59 ounces) dark-chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (11.5 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees . Line the cups in two standard-size 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- Grate the zest from the orange (about 2 teaspoons). Squeeze juice from orange into a 1-cup measuring cup. Add water to measuring cup to equal 1 cup liquid; set aside.
- In medium-size bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon orange zest about 1 minute or until smooth; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, remaining 3 eggs, orange juice-water mixture, oil, remaining orange zest, cinnamon and chocolate syrup packet if included in box. With same beaters, beat on low speed for 30 seconds to moisten. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill each prepared muffin cup with scant 1/4 cup of the chocolate cake batter. Spoon cream cheese mixture into large pastry bag fitted with 1/4-inch plain round tip. Insert tip into batter of each cupcake. Squeeze some filling into center of each (top will bulge slightly).
- Bake at 350 degrees about 24 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups to wire racks; let cool.
- In large microwave-safe glass bowl, microwave chocolate chips on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to melt. With electric mixer on medium speed, beat in sour cream until fluffy and good spreading consistency. Let frosting sit at room temperature until cupcakes are cooled. Frost each cupcake with 1 tablespoon of the frosting. Store cupcakes, covered, in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- * Like many cakes, cupcakes freeze well. Freeze them unfrosted. Place the cooled cupcakes on baking sheets and freeze until firm. Transfer to freezer bags or wrap and seal in freezer wrap. Freeze up to 4 months.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 243, Total Fat 14g, Cholesterol 49mg, Sodium 201mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g, Fiber 1g, Protein 4g
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
3.4K 7.5K 111