This Chicken Salad Sandwich is the best sandwich ever. Just like mama used to make. Click here for more Dinner & Everyday Meal recipes.
Chicken Salad Sandwich
Write a review
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices lemon (optional)
- 6 sprigs dill (optional)
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped dill, for garnish
- Baguette, for serving
- Butter lettuce, for serving
- Poach chicken: In a large pot, arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer. If using, place lemon slices and dill sprigs on chicken. Pour water over the chicken breasts, covering by at least an inch. Bring water to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the center of the chicken reaches 165° with an instant-read thermometer. If you don’t have a thermometer, check that the thickest part of the chicken is opaque.
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces.In a large bowl, combine chicken, apple, onion and celery.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over chicken mixture and toss.
- Garnish with dill and serve on a baguette with lettuce.
- Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel and enjoy Christmas Music all year long: CLICK HERE
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
9.5K 17.9K 1.1K