With these Mississippi Mud Cupcakes you have to be prepared for chocolate overload. Taste like heaven.
Mississippi Mud Cupcakes
Write a review
1 hr 50 min
1 hr 50 min
For the Filling
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 12-oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
For the Cupcakes
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
- 1 3.9-oz. package chocolate pudding mix
- 1 5.3-oz. container plain Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 stick butter, melted
For the Frosting
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 7-oz. container Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Make the Ganache Filling: Heat heavy cream until it starts to simmer. As soon as bubbles form, remove from heat and pour into a medium-sized mixing bowl, then add chocolate chips and whisk until combined. Place in the refrigerator to cool for at least 1 hour. Once cooled, beat in powdered sugar until you have a thick frosting. Set aside.
- Make the Cupcakes: Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to slowly mix ingredients until all lumps have been broken up and ingredients are combined. (The batter will be thicker than your typical cake mix; it¹s more like the consistency of buttercream frosting.) Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out with just a few crumbs, 20 to 22 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make the Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter and marshmallow fluff on low until creamy. Shift electric mixer to low and add in powdered sugar and milk; beat until smooth.
- Assemble the Cupcakes: Cut a hole into the center of each cupcake, going about 1/2" deep. Fill each hole with ganache, then top the cupcakes with marshmallow buttercream frosting.
- Microwave the leftover ganache filling for 20 seconds and whisk to create a chocolate fudge sauce. Drizzle the sauce atop the cupcakes, then garnish with pecans and serve.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and enjoy Christmas Music all year long: CLICK HERE
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/