Invite success with a complete meal-in-a-skillet supper! The pork was so tender and the veggies were cooked perfect. Such a simple recipe with great results!
Pork Chop Skillet Dinner
Write a review
- 4 pork loin or rib chops, 1 inch thick (1 1/2 lb)
- 1/4 cup Progresso™ beef flavored broth or chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into fourths
- 4 small carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium onions, cut into fourths
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Remove fat from pork. Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook pork in skillet about 5 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Add broth, potatoes, carrots and onions to skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and pork is slightly pink when cut near bone. Sprinkle with parsley.
- * Follow cook times for pork carefully. Today’s pork is lean and requires shorter cook times. Overcooking pork will make it tough.
- * Complete this home-style meal with purchased corn muffins and crisp apple slices drizzled with poppy seed dressing.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 320, Total Fat 8g, Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 570mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g, Protein 27g, Vitamin A 100%, Vitamin C 16%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen http://www.christmaskitchen.org/