Cook sweet onions to caramelized perfection, then slow cook with beef and vegetables for a satisfying stew.
Slow-Cooker Caramelized Onion Beef Stew
Write a review
8 hr 50 min
8 hr 50 min
- Reynolds™ Slow Cooker Liners
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups halved and thinly sliced sweet onions (about 1 1/2 onions)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 lb beef stew meat
- 1 cup Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 package (.87 oz) onion gravy mix
- 2 cups 1-inch pieces diagonally cut carrots
- 1 cup 1-inch pieces diagonally cut parsnips
- 1/2 cup Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen sweet peas
- Place Reynolds™ Slow Cooker Liners inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -qt slow cooker bowl. Make sure that liner fits snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl and pull the top of the liner over rim of bowl.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Cook onions and sugar in butter 30 to 35 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are deep golden brown and caramelized. Stir in thyme and stew meat; place in slow cooker.
- In medium bowl, mix broth and gravy mix; pour over meat mixture in slow cooker. Top with carrots and parsnips. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in peas. Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until hot.
- * Serve food directly from the lined slow cooker. Once your slow cooker cools, remove the liner and throw away for easy clean up.
- * Substitute mushroom beef gravy mix or brown beef gravy mix for the onion gravy mix, if desired.
- * Serve this saucy beef stew over mashed potatoes with plenty of crusty bread for mopping up the extra sauce.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 290, Total Fat 15g, Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 450mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g, Protein 18g, Vitamin A 140%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 6%, Iron 15%
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/
1.3K 1.3K 21