This Steak Sandwich is savory, tangy, and creamy, it’s everything you want in a sandwich. Double the batch of chutney and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Serve on burgers, seared fish, chicken or grilled cheese. Click here for more Dinner & Everyday Meal recipes.
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, trimmed
- Kosher salt
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. golden raisins, chopped
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Pinch allspice
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 8 slices country bread, toasted if desired
- 2 c. watercress or arugula
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat broiler. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil. Season the steak with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and broil to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, make the chutney: Combine the tomatoes, raisins, vinegar, brown sugar, allspice, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, squishing and stirring the tomatoes occasionally, until they have broken down and the mixture has slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and fold in the scallion.
- Form sandwiches with the bread, chutney, steak, watercress, and blue cheese.
- CLICK HERE to subscribe to our YouTube Channel and enjoy Christmas Music all year long.
9.5K 17.9K 1.2K