Andes chocolate lovers, meet your never favorite cake. Click here for more Cake recipes.
Andes Chocolate Cake
Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
- Devil’s food cake mix
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 4-5 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 4-6 drops green gel food coloring, optional
- 1 pt. heavy cream
- 24 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. Andes mints, plus more for garnish
- Bake two 9" round layers of chocolate cake according to box instructions. Let cool completely.
- Make ganache. Make the Ganache: Pour heavy cream into a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring the heavy cream to a simmer, and once you see tiny bubbles form around the edges, remove from heat and add chocolate chips, whisking until combined. Let mixture chill until it reaches a spreadable consistency, at least 30 minutes, before frosting cake.
- Cream together all buttercream ingredients in a large bowl until light and fluffy, adding more powdered sugar if the frosting is too loose. Add food drops and stir until evenly combined. Add more until you reach your desired color.
- Top one round cake with peppermint buttercream, then place the second cake on top of it. Frost the top and sides of the with ganache. Garnish the bottom of the cake with Andes mints. Top with chopped mints. Serve.
- CLICK HERE to subscribe to our YouTube Channel and enjoy Christmas Music all year long.
Christmas Kitchen https://www.christmaskitchen.org/